Day 3 & 4 17/12/2011
So I have struggled the
last couple of days to get time to write my blog but hopefully I can still
remember everything.
Yesterday I finally took
the opportunity to see a few more of the sites, travelling down to Westminster
station to see Big Ben and the London Eye, Big Ben was awesome on what was a
warm summers day in London. The tower was absolutely awesome, and having it
next to the water made it an even more impressive building.
I was continually told not
to waste my time on the London Eye since it was an hour and a half slow ride
for 1 photo of London which i got to see by walking the streets anyway. I did
however get a few photos of it and have a look around it which was good fun
anyway.
Thursday night I also got
to experience first hand, the quality of the London cab system. Going home at
midnight it was raining and I would guess about 1degree Celsius. We ended up
walking down the main road wet and freezing for almost an hour and a half
before finally convincing a Cabi to split a cab with Phil, myself and 2 other
people we had joined forces with to try and get home. I also didn’t realise
until now that in London they negotiate the fair before you actually hop in,
our first offer 2minutes into looking for a cab was for 60pound for a 15 minute
ride, we turned it down and ended up paying 30 but in hindsight i would have
paid the extra for sure!
I pulled my Goggles for
the snow out of my bag today to find it had been smashed to the point of
becoming a powder (some items may not be literally smashed as much as described
in this article) so we also went into town again to spend more money and get
some awesome Oakley A frames.
Best one liner: Phil Wylie responding to my comment “when in Rome”
referring to getting eggs on our steaks at a restaurant, “What do you mean
Rome.... its an Argentinean thing??” the table of 17 out to dinner was in
hysterics!
Today is a new day and I
am currently about 3 hours out of Val d’isere on a bus and after all this
travel I am definitely ready to get there! I also managed to embarrass myself
when asked by a pom where I was off to in the alps, I replied “Val”, which is
what I said in Australia and it made perfect sense. She looked back at me with
a confused look and said “..ok so where are you going?? Val just means mountain..” ooooops.
Time for some shut eye, I
think I have FINALLY shaken the jet lag!
Hope I haven’t bored
everyone including future Harry, ps did you retire rich by 30 like planned?
The teacher of the Douggie
out.
No comments:
Post a Comment