Sunday, 1 January 2012


01/01/2012
I am currently sitting on a train on my way back to London after enjoying all Edinburgh had to offer. Hogmanay festival was huge and so much fun, I was there for 2 nights and we spent most of our time with Schaffer and his English mates. I seemed to hang out with his mate, Bridge, for the majority of the nights.
 I did manage to be a tourist as well by going to see Edinburgh castle with Wylie, Greg Louden  and his mate Adam. The actual castle was awesome to see and true to form the Scottish had Whisky tasting in the middle of it.
I can’t really remember what I wrote last so to make sure I cover it, Les Arcs was really cool, on first look we thought it may be all green runs and a pain the arse to get around but it actually turned out to be perfect for me with a lot of red runs and good snow on the side of the pist. The coaching made a huge difference to my capabilities and confidence which made the actual boarding a lot more fun because I was able to get into the softer snow to try a few jumps. That side of things is definitely still a working progress.
Between Les Arcs and Edinburgh I spent a night in Geneva where Wylie and I got to stay at the intercontinental 5 star resort for free thanks to his dad letting us use his frequent flyer points. We dragged ourselves out of the hotel that night and had a good look around as well which was good, so lots of photos from that. Geneva is a really pretty city and there was lots to see, mind you if I ever go back I don’t think it would take longer than a day or 2 to see it all properly.
Also I am no longer sick (thank God), in the end having beers for new years cured me J
Until next time, stay classy
Popeye the Sailor man.

No comments:

Post a Comment